I finally overcame my fear of trying kefir! I've been wanting to integrate it into my diet for some time now, mainly because of its many touted health benefits, but I was scared of what it would taste like and kept putting it off. Then I was at my favorite health food store in San Francisco (Real Foods) and decided to take the plunge and buy my first bottle. After a few Google searches, I came across a kefir breakfast bowl recipe that sounded easy to make (and edible) and went to town. I'm so glad I did - it actually tastes great!
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup kefir (my new favorite here)
- Toppings! My favorites are sliced bananas, blueberries, hemp seeds & coconut flakes.
- Mix rolled oats, chia seeds & cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Pour the kefir over the top and stir.
- Stir in the toppings.
Et voilà! A tasty breakfast bowl in just 5 minutes!